Honesty is the building block of trust. Being honest is hard, but it’s rewarding. Here are 12 quotes to remind you why.
1. “It’s discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.” ― Noël Coward,
2. “If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.” ― Virginia Woolf
3. “Don’t bend; don’t water it down; don’t try to make it logical; don’t edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.” ― Franz Kafka
4. “Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters” ― Albert Einstein
5. “Most men would rather deny a hard truth than face it.” ― George R.R. Martin,
6. “Honesty is the first chapter of the book wisdom.” ― Thomas Jefferson
7. “You wear a mask for so long, you forget who you were beneath it.” ― Alan Moore,
8. “You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.” ― Abraham Lincoln
9. “A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.” ― William James
10. “The truth may not set you free, but used carefully, it can confuse the hell out of your enemies.” ― Laurell K. Hamilton,
11. “Unless you’re ashamed of yourself now and then, you’re not honest” ― William Faulkner
12. “Magic is the only honest profession. A magician promises to deceive you and he does.” ― Karl Germain
Be true to yourself! Please, share this!