20 years ago, psychologist Arthur Aron created a quiz that vows to bring people close together by asking 36 questions. In other words, the researcher of the Interpersonal Relationships Lab at Stony Brook University in New York says this inquiry can make anyone fall in love and it doesn’t last more than 45 minutes.
Arthur Aron wanted to know if intimacy can be created between two perfect strangers in less than three-quarters of an hour. So he designed a set of personal questions, broken into three sets, each set more insightful than the other.
The questions are not solely used for romance blossoming, they can also be used to deepen your relationship with your friends, family and even long-term partners.
Here are the 36 questions to help you find true love:
1. Given the choice of anyone in the world, whom would you want as a dinner guest?
2. Would you like to be famous? In what way?
3. Before making a phone call, do you ever rehearse what you’re going to say? Why?
4. What would constitute a perfect day for you?
5. When did you last sing to yourself? To someone else?
6. If you were able to live to the age of 90 and retain either the mind or body of a 30-year old for the last 60 years of your life, which would you choose?
7. Do you have a secret hunch about how you will die?
8. Name three things you and your partner appear to have in common.
9. For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
10. If you could change anything about the way you were raised, what would it be?
11. Take four minutes and tell you partner your life story in as much detail as possible.
12. If you could wake up tomorrow having gained one quality or ability, what would it be?
13. If a crystal ball could tell you the truth about yourself, your life, the future or anything else, what would you want to know?
14. Is there something that you’ve dreamt of doing for a long time? Why haven’t you done it?
15. What is the greatest accomplishment of your life?
article continues after advertisement
16. What do you value most in a friendship?
17. What is your most treasured memory?
18. What is your most terrible memory?
19. If you knew that in one year you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are now living? Why?
20. What does friendship mean to you?
Continue reading the questions on the next page!