Hooray! spring is here. It may not look like it if you look through the window, but you feel it coming. While we wait for spring to really set in, here are some beautifully written words about the season of hope.
1. “You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep Spring from coming.” Pablo Neruda
2. “When spring came, even the false spring, there were no problems except where to be happiest. The only thing that could spoil a day was people and if you could keep from making engagements, each day had no limits. People were always the limiters of happiness except for the very few that were as good as spring itself.” Ernest Hemingway
3. “Spring is the time of plans and projects.” Leo Tolstoy
4. “It is spring again. The earth is like a child that knows poems by heart.” Rainer Maria Rilke
5. “If people did not love one another, I really don’t see what use there would be in having any spring.” Victor Hugo
6. “I enjoy the spring more than the autumn now. One does, I think, as one gets older.” Virginia Woolf
7. “Spring is the time of the year when it is summer in the sun and winter in the shade” Charles Dickens
8. “Meanwhile, spring came, and with it the outpourings of Nature. The hills were soon splashed with wild flowers; the grass became an altogether new and richer shade of green; and the air became scented with fresh and surprising smells — of jasmine, honeysuckle, and lavender.” Dalai Lama XIV
9.“The point is that the pleasures of spring are available to everybody, and cost nothing.” George Orwell
10. “In your winter you deny your spring,” Kahlil Gibran
Have a wonderful spring! Please, share this!