Some words are made to help us navigate the troubled waters of our lives. Here are some that deserve your attention.
1. “It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.” Maurice Switzer
2. “By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” Confucius
3. “We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” Joseph Campbell
4. “Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.” Socrates
5. “Wisdom cannot be imparted. Wisdom that a wise man attempts to impart always sounds like foolishness to someone else … Knowledge can be communicated, but not wisdom. One can find it, live it, do wonders through it, but one cannot communicate and teach it.” Hermann Hesse
6. “Never forget that justice is what love looks like in public.” Cornel West
7. “Re-examine all you have been told. Dismiss what insults your soul.” Walt Whitman
8. “Fame is a vapor, popularity is an accident, riches take wings, those who cheer today may curse tomorrow and only one thing endures – character.” Harry Truman
9. “Even as a solid rock is unshaken by the wind, so are the wise unshaken by praise or blame.” Gautama Buddha
10. “And the fox said to the little prince: men have forgotten this truth, but you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.” Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Please, share this!