Playing with double or veiled meanings that fool our thought process, riddles really mess up your mind. Below you can find 6 riddles that will test the way you think. Can you answer these 6 tricky questions correctly?
1. In a one-story yellow house, there was a yellow person, a yellow cat, a yellow dog, a yellow chair, a yellow table, a yellow telephone, a yellow bathtub—everything was yellow! What color were the stairs?
Answer: There weren’t any stairs, the house was only one story.
2. A witty thief was brought before a king to receive punishment for stealing. The king mercifully asked the thief how he would like to die. The thief told him and the king let him go. What did the thief tell the king?
Answer: He told the king that he wanted to die of natural causes.
3. I have 7 letters and I am something that you can eat. I only have one anagram, which is something that can help pain. If you remove my first 2 letters, I wear things down. Removing my first 3 letters results in an adjective and removing my first 4 letters is a measure of time. What am I?
Answer: A Sausage.
4. A man leaves his home. He goes a little way and then turns a corner. He goes a while and then turns another corner. Soon after, he turns one more corner. As he’s returning home, he sees two masked men. Who are they?
Answer: The catcher and the umpire.
5. Bobby went out for a walk in the pouring rain. He leisurely strolled for a good thirty minutes without a hat or umbrella. However, when he got home, he didn’t have a single hair on his head touched by the water. How could this be possible?
Answer: Bobby is bald.
6. A man was found dead on a Sunday morning. The only other people home were the man’s wife and his staff. The wife claims she was reading a book at the time, the maid said she was getting the mail, the chef said he was cooking breakfast, the butler said he was cleaning the bathroom, and the gardener said he was planting tomatoes. Who was the murderer?
Answer: The maid. While she claims that she was grabbing the mail, there is no post on Sundays.
Challenge your friends, share this post with them!