Growing up is hard. Growing up to be the kind of person your younger self would admire is even harder. Maybe these pieces of advice will help.
1. Motivation to do whatever you need to do doesn’t come at the push of a button.
You have to lure it in. And more often than not, it tends to answer you calling when you are relaxed and rested. So give yourself time to recharge.
2. Self-doubt can taint any project you may undertake.
And it doesn’t go away with age. But learning how to handle it can make all the difference.
3. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
This is how you learn. And it’s even better when you learn from the mistakes made by others.
4. Don’t allow others to tell you what to feel about things.
Your experiences are yours to learn from, to internalize and to overcome. You are entitled to your feelings, no matter how disturbing they may be.
5. Whenever you want to take the easy road, remember that it doesn’t go far.
By not giving in into being mean, untruthful or aggressive, your soul becomes lighter. And you might inspire others to do the same next time.
6. Friends, lovers and family are the treasures of our lives.
But you won’t be able to fully enjoy their presence if you don’t learn to be alone. Being at peace with your own thoughts and feelings can make you unbreakable.
7. Don’t compare yourself to others.
There will always be someone more successful, more intelligent or better looking than you. If you concern yourself too much about how others are doing, you neglect the joy of being you. You know the saying: “Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.”
Don’t stop striving to be the person you want to be! Please, share this!